The beauty of a new home renovation or change in style thanks to an interior designer is something we all remember. The look of a new rug or antique, the feel of a new sofa or the style of a new colour throughout your lounge or kitchen is something that we all want to continue to have after the initial arrival wears off.
It’s no different with your Window fashions. While regular cleaning of shutters or hard fabrics is relatively simple, getting a professional clean is important for the life span of both the fabrics and the technology behind them.
While dusting and a warm cloth can solve small and temporary issues, regular professional cleaning no only extends the life of the colours and fabrics, it also ensures that the blinds and shades are properly maintained and used. Some tips for general cleaning of blinds and shades include:
- Dust your vertical blinds regularly
- Clean shades & blinds at home with gentle vacuuming (with a brush attachment)
- If your blinds are machine washable they should be washed at a temperature no higher than 30 degrees.
- Clean vertical blinds with warm, rather than hot, water – the temperature difference is minimal but will mean any glued areas don’t come undone
- Dry your blinds naturally and dry them flat – on towels is fine.
Different blinds and shades require different processes, and not all cleaning tips apply to all products. If you're unsure you should contact your installer. All of our Luxaflex products come with clear and concise cleaning and care instructions and A Style of Shade can provide a cleaning service designed specifically for Luxaflex products in Sydney.
If you have any queries or need some advice on how best to maximise the look and style of the windows in your home, please feel free to call our showroom on (02) 9327 5500 or visit us at 430 - 432 New South Head Road, Vaucluse, NSW